Privacy Notice - Yuify Platform
Last Updated: 1 October 2022
- Our Contact Details
- About the Yuify Platform and the Data We Collect
The Yuify Platform is the first web app based service that facilitates creative collaboration by providing a user-friendly and safe solution to IP and contribution management. The Yuify Platform is a Distributed-Ledger-Technology (DLT) platform based service that lets you:
- Uniquely claim your work and quality of contribution;
- Create a permanent (& legally sound) record of your IP and contribution;
- Trace and contact collaborative artists at a click;
- Align on a fair commission share model with partner creatives and clients;
- Document the aligned contribution model to create a sellable item;
- Sell your work directly and/or through the preferred portfolio platforms;
- Manage your fees/commissions;
- Provide proof of ownership against third party copy right claims;
- Screen suitable recruiting candidates based on contribution quality.
In order to provide you with these features and services, we process the following data from you:
- Wacom ID (Email, First Name, Last Name, Country);
- User created content (content you use within the Yuify Platform like images, works of art, photos, videos) that is linked with your account;
- DIDs (“decentralized identifier documents” are a type of identifier that enables a verifiable, decentralized digital identity);
- Signature data for verification purposes (for users who voluntarily choose to provide signature data for purposes of ID verification);
- Verifiable credentials.
For data subjects where GDPR is applicable, the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. Where we are obliged or entitled to process your personal information the legal basis will be Art. 6 (1) (c) or 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Also, the Yuify Services allows for the identity and personal data to be shared between users who are directly entering into a License (as defined in the Yuify Platform Terms). Except as otherwise set forth in the Yuify Platform Terms https://yuify.com/en-us/privacy-policy we do not identify the identity of users of the Yuify Services (as defined in the Yuify Platform Terms) to any other users or to any third parties. Notwithstanding this Section, you acknowledge, and by your use of the Yuify Platofrm you agree that:
- We may: (i) disclose your identity or other information about you (as described in Section 2 above) to any third party who claims that your Work(s) (as defined in the Yuify Platform Terms) or any other material posted by you by or through the Yuify Services violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights, publicity rights, or their right to privacy after listening to your opinion whether we should disclose or not except the cases we cannot reach out you or other unusual situation; or (ii) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Yuify Services. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities, third parties or a court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information (including Your Content) of any user registering any Works via the Yuify Services or otherwise posting any materials on or through the Yuify Services.
- We may further disclose your identity or other information (as described in Section 2 above) upon request by another user, provided that, the requesting user demonstrates to our reasonable satisfaction that: (i) a License was entered into between you and the requesting user via the Yuify Platform; and (ii) that you are in breach of or have otherwise failed to perform your obligations and responsibilities under the License.
Generally, your data is hosted on servers within the EU.
Where we transfer your information to a country or territory which provides less comprehensive privacy and/or security protections for the information, we will continue to ensure that all such transfers of your information shall be performed in a manner compliant with applicable data protection laws.
For data subjects where GDPR is applicable, as described in Section 3 above, the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. Where we are obliged or entitled to process your personal information the legal basis will be Art. 6 (1) (c) or 6 (1) (f) GDPR.